Thursday, August 28, 2014

Totally.



I dunno about a failure to recognize emotions, but I DO know people spend waaay too damned much time looking at their phones.  That would be ALL people, not just the young.

In other news... today is one of those dates that I'll never, ever forget.  It was 51 years ago today that I raised my right hand and solemnly swore "that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic...", amongst other things.  Today was also the day I took my first ride in a jet, flying in a 707 from El-Eh to San Antonio.  To say what happened on this date was a life changing event is a massive understatement; things were never the same after this day.  Totally.

7 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary, Bravo Zulu, and splice the mainbrace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What a day. Happy anniversary!

    Ya know, come to think of it, my first ride in a jet was on my way to San Antonio. For to get basically trained.

    Totally indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. REALLY SCARY that you and I might have actually unknowingly bumped shoulders in the French Quarter in the o-dark thirties while you were sweating it out in Biloxi and I was partying my way thru LSU 62-66.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Buck...

    Okay enuff with the math. Jeebus I am not good at math. Don't make me get out my abacus. I like Pi though, just saying...... Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If only some others in high office taking that oath took it as seriously...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Chris: Thanks!

    @ Virgil: We prolly DID bump shoulders sometime in '64 as I was to N'Awlins as often as I could make it. It wasn't every weekend (mainly coz one and two-stripers don't make that much money), but it was at least once a month.

    @Rummy: Heh. And thanks.

    @ Jim: How right you are!

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.