Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack

Czech composer Bedřich Smetana's most famous composition...



The Moldau is the river that runs through the heart of Prague.  I'd heard "Die Moldau" many years before I went to Prague but hearing it these days conjures up an entirely different set of images than those I had prior to visiting the city.  I spent a couple o' few hours sitting on the banks of the Moldau just watching the river flow and taking in the almost surreal vistas along its embankments, the most famous of which might could be this:


The castle, Gentle Reader... the castle!  My viewing spot of the river was on the embankment just at the foot of the bridge in the picture, which was populated with hundreds of folks just strolling along and enjoying the view.

Speaking of enjoying the view... this is an image that also comes to mind:


Much better than a castle, eh?  I became a temporary member of Café Society during my sojourn in Prague, and this was my favorite perch for what should be obvious reasons (and that's a tall, cool Budvar in the pic).  Prague has some VERY lovely wimmen.  Great beer, too.

4 comments:

  1. DIE MOLDAU! Bar none, my favorite instrumental classical piece. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have I ever told ya that you have great taste? :-0

      Delete
  2. I'm going to have to try it again. My computer sound is so low it doesn't do it justice. Everybody I know who has been to Prague loved it. I've never been there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prague is indeed a beautiful and friendly city, Curt.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.