Saturday, April 12, 2014

Opportunities

We're just in from a beer and commissary run out to Cannon Airplane Patch and we saw this while we were perusing the beer selection:



New Belgium has gone batshit-crazy with their Lips o' Faith series of occasional brews and you can see there's a LOT of opportunity to broaden our horizons on the shelf!  That said, I bought just one bomber... the "Cigar City Brewing" one... which is ale brewed with two different kinds of chiles.  As for the rest of 'em?  I think NB may be tryin' too hard.  I'm not gonna buy a beer where I have to google the contents to find out what's in it... like Yuzu and Pluot juice... not to mention dandelion greens.  Say what?

OTOH, I give big props to the Class VI store's management for stocking lots and lots of good beers.  The Class VI has the best beer selection in both Clovis and P-Ville.

Now if you'll excuse me... I hear the verandah calling.

6 comments:

  1. I've had pluots. They're really good. But I don't like the idea of them in my beer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. There are precious few fruity beers I like.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful Wino13 April, 2014 12:53

    When I was in Germany in the 80's I had to choose between beer and wine, and traveling trips were mostly along the Rhine and Moselle, so I chose to eat steak, sausage, schnitzel, frankfurters and then chase it with wine. I've only been to Munich once, but I have never tasted beer as good. The beer up north was cut with imported Schlitz I think :-) The most horrendous brew ever served to me was in Lossiemouth, Scotland. The barkeep called it their best. I wrote it off as a practical joke on stupid tourists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My European beer drinking was largely confined to the UK and I had some pretty good brews up in Scotland... the Scottish "Heavy" being particularly memorable. I personally like Brit beer a lot more than German beer, which tends to have a lot to offer lager drinkers but not much for us ale aficionados.

      Delete
  3. That is an outstanding selection!

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.