Friday, March 21, 2014

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack: A Change In Attitude

We're feelin' a lot better than we did earlier, which is a function of our beautiful weather (72 big-ass warm, wonderful degrees and soft caresses of a gentle breeze), our first beer, and the music we're listenin' to.  About which, this:


Click to embiggen, as always

I loves me Amazon's Cloud Player.  One of the better things about it is the fact that some... just some, not all... of the albums I've purchased on Amazon are available in their entirety for our listenin' pleasure.  You'll note that amounts, in my specific case, to 32 albums and 443 songs, which, when you choose the Cloud Player's shuffle-play feature, results in hours upon hours of great songs that you know and love.  It also provides for some interesting segues... like RL Burnside to Emmylou Harris to Lyle to Johnny Winter to Dylan... and so on and so forth.  The variety amuses me and greatly so.  So... what have we heard most recently?  This:


I don't want to hear a love song
I got on this airplane just to fly
And I know there's life below
But all that you can show me
Is the prairie and the sky

And I don't want to hear a sad story
Full of heartbreak and desire
The last time I felt like this
I was in the wilderness and the canyon was on fire
And I stood on the mountain in the night and I watched it burn
I watched it burn, I watched it burn.
Oh, go on Emmylou... break my freakin' heart, whydontcha.  That woman's voice is just SO heart-achingly beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Good song. We never listened to her. She's all good.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.