Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack

The legendary Marvin, with "I Heard It Through the Grapevine"...



OK... that's the definitive version of the song, no argument at all.  That said, the version I listened to today was by CCR, which is an 11 minute tour de force.  I also love Gladys Knight and the Pips version, as well.  Let's listen to that...



Oh, yes indeedy!  I'm hard-put to name my favorite version of this tune; it might be sacrilege but I think I like Gladys' version is better... mainly for the great horn break.  I'm SUCH a sucker for horns.

It's yet another bee-you-ti-ful day here on The High Plains o' New Mexico... 75 degrees with light (six mph) breezes out o' the west... and we're milking it for all it's worth.  So it's back outside to continue as we've begun, with a couple o' Kellerweises and a Drew Estate Kuba Maduro.  Or two.  Or three.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot hear that song without thinking of raisins dancing. One Halloween at the Bull of the Woods in RR, some friends all dressed as raisins and came dancing into the bar to that song. Those parties were wild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. I have a raisins story, too. TSMP, her two apartment roomies, and I all dressed as raisins and went out partying on Halloween in South Bend during her senior year at ND. We sang the Post Raisin Bran jingle ("It's raisins... that make Post Raisin Brand... so wonderful...") as our entrance music, though.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.