Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Apropos o' Not Much

Starters at tonight's dinner...


That would be a plate of green chile/cheese fried won-tons, a salad, and a very watery martini... for starters.  I asked the bartender "can you make a GOOD dry martini?" before I ordered and he responded in the affirmative.  I suppose "good" is entirely subjective, but the lesson learned here is to order a double the next time I order a martini at Cattle Barons.  If there IS a next time... coz it's prolly best to stick with beer in this neck o' the woods.  Or whiskey, straight up.  Just sayin'.

Dinner on the whole was good, though.  We followed up the hors d'oeuvres with a beef kabob dish and a glass of house red, which turned out to be a very good Merlot, followed up with coffee (and two fingers o' single malt and a cigar, taken on our verandah).  All in all: a very enjoyable dinner out. 

4 comments:

  1. Don't give up on all the bartenders just because you got a bad one. People in your neck of the woods do drink highballs now and then, well, maybe not martinis. The supper looks good, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose you're right, Lou. I haven't had a good martini in a looong time and I've NEVER had one around here. I guess I'll just have to buy a shaker and glasses and make my own. (sigh)

      Delete
  2. Now you have gone and made me hungry and thirsty and it's only 9am.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.