Thursday, June 30, 2011

Scrapin' the Bottom o' the Bloggin' Barrel IX

We're still acclimating ourselves to the new toy phone which is turnin' out to be quite a laborious and time-consuming process.  But it's not without rewards, given the joys of bein' able to surf these here innertubes, send and receive e-mail, so on and so forth, from any place there's suitable signal strength, albeit at speeds slower than what we're used to.  But the speed she is adequate, I suppose.  The camera, however, is not.  Adequate.  Witness:


That's a shot of last night's After Dinner Whiskey Hour libation, which was actually and pedantically After Dinner G&T Hour.  The only notable thing about that photo (which was re-sized to 30% of the original) is the complete and total absence of ANY condensation on that ice-cold glass.  Ya gotta love single-digit humidity when the temp is in the 90s, as it was when that pic was snapped.

Back to the subject at hand...  Now I suppose the quality of that photo is adequate for sneakin' a "People of Wal-Mart" shot or to grab sumthin' when your only other option is grabbin' nuthin'.  That said, the camera in the Evo is graphic proof that megapixels ain't everything when it comes to cameras.  My grab-shot Canon only has five megapixels (it's sumthin' like six years old, too), as opposed to the Evo's eight, and the photo quality compared to the Evo's is of the night and day sort.  

Thus endeth today's petty criticism.  And now it's off to The Big(ger) City™ and Cannon Airplane Patch for to run some errands.

5 comments:

  1. I have a Canon G5 too, takes excellent photos for what it is.
    I think it's another year before I update for my "serious camera" here... depending, although I have other cameras too. Some of them take photos on plastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dunno, Buck. I'm gonna have to trust you that the photo is not all that great. I clicked it, and then enlarged it. I know you resized it, but it looks okay to me.

    Of course, I do not have a critical eye (and even those non-critical eyes are failing me now).

    I have a Kodak DX4330 that MUST be 10 years old. It is a 3.1, and I swear, it is bitchin' for prints up to really big, and way more than enough for the 'net.

    My "free" AT&T phone that I got a year ago shoots photos as sharp as the iPhone, and EVO that my sons use...and WAY better than #2 son's Blackberry.

    As to the no humidity deal...well, I'll just shut UP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. marc: I LOVE my G5. I also have a dSLR (Canon XTi) but I use the G5 a LOT more than the SLR.

    Andy: I took some other pics with the Evo but they were of such poor quality I deleted them. What I posted was the best of mebbe five shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Single digit humidity? Is that some fictional kind of weather?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not in these parts, Moogie. It's the rule rather than the exception.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.