Sunday, March 20, 2011

Broadening Our Horizons XVII

"Berrrry interesting... but..." as Arte Johnson might have said:


That would be a Leinenkugel Berry Weiss, which is berry mediocre according to the readers at Beer Advocate.  One dude really didn't like this beer (copied exactly as found... don't be yellin' at ME for the grammar and spelling errors):
i knew i was in trouble when this candy like color starts to fill the glass, with a fizzy white top that seams to pop up and fall down immediatly. ehh. but then i took a whiff, fake berries, and just light kool aid like aroma. not even close to a good fruit beer. way too light and the flavors and aromas are so blatently artificial it was downright scary. light berrys and hints of sweet malts try and poke up but they are just remnants of what would make a good beer. 
I agree to a point, but not as much as that guy above; the beer is like an alcoholic Kool-Aid.  That said, it is nice for a warm Spring day but it also won't be seein' the inside of my fridge again for a while, if ever.  This one really IS too sweet for my tastes... I shoulda saved the "Barley Pop" post title for this particular beer.  I'm thinkin' I've had enough of this fruit-beer thang for a while. 

6 comments:

  1. wAt shpelling an Gramma eras?

    hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I suppose they weren't that blatent, eh? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popping at the seems.

    This beer sounds like something I would've liked to drink at the drive-in theater in high school. *shiver*!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well-put, Moogie. I'm thinkin' kids are this beer's biggest market.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leinies are a staple in these parts, and I've been to the brewery. I didn't get to go inside, 'cause it was closed, but it's a very nice place in the heart of Chippewa Falls.

    I can't speak for the berry beer, but the Honey Weiss is quite good, I hear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost picked up a sixer of Honey Weiss yesterday, Gordon. The next time I'm out at the Class VI store I WILL do so.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.