Friday, February 25, 2011

This Is REALLY Bizarre

So... I was amusing myself by checking Site Meter hits this morning and came across this bit, which caused a visitor from Deutschland to spend a lil time with us today:


What you see are pages one and two of a google.de search for "motorman's friend."  Note that ALL the images on page one (except the first four) are from EIP, as are the entire second and third pages, some 50 images, all told... NONE of which have a damned thing to do with a motorman's friend (I've used the term in a post before, but only once).  Pretty damned strange, if you ask me.  But you didn't ask, so I had to offer.  Full disclosure:  I don't even make it to page 13 on a US google image search for the same term... which adds to the weirdness.

Apropos of not much... titties are good for traffic.  (who'd a thunk it, eh?)  I chased up another three or four hits this morning resulting from google searches for "topless beach."  We appear on page one of that image search at google.nl (Holland), page two at google.pl (Poland), and page seven of google.es (Spain).  Our US ranking is page three for that particular term.   Google is most mysterious, eh?

2 comments:

  1. This kind of stuff is just fascinating to me. Really.


    The Gooble is a strange cat, for sure. I'll swear, some of the oddest things can be picked up from a blog by it, and bring a dookie load of hits.

    There really is no figuring it out. Well, maybe an Asian could. They're smarter than us, you know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This REALLY freaked me out and I'm as serious as the proverbial heart attack.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.