Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Today's Happy Hour

We not only smoke our stogies here at El Casa Móvil De Pennington, we read about 'em, too.  So this is what we're both smoking and reading about at the moment: a Cain Maduro – “Straight Ligero” in the torpedo size.

And a fine cigar it is, too.  It's pretty strong but very flavorful and I like it a lot.  Let's quote a little from the linked review:
Initial draw on the Cain produced flavors of earth and unsweetened cocoa then moved into chocolate and leather.  Although I normally break my reviews into thirds I don’t feel the need to with the Cain Maduro – the flavors, draw and burn quality remained consistent throughout the entire cigar.
I love the reviewer's ashtray, as well.  It's a beautiful piece of crystal and would be something to lust after in one of my previous lives. We digress.  

The accompaniment to today's cigar is the first of what will probably be a couple o' Blue Moons.  And yeah... it's yet another indoor Happy Hour.  It's blustery outside again with the occasional passing rain shower... just the sort o' day to be indoors with a good cigar and good beer.

8 comments:

  1. "It's blustery outside again with the occasional passing rain shower... just the sort o' day to be indoors with a good cigar and good beer."

    And a lovely piece of crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meanwhile, I'm having fresh from the oven oatmeal raisin cookies and some hot tea while watching Bones! (Commercial is on.)

    Ahhh, the exciting lives we all lead! :)

    Wintry mix due here tomorrow evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I think I will go to Kath's for cookies. You look like you are enjoying yourself, but cookies and hot tea are more my style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moogie: Isn't that ashtray nice?

    Kath: My exciting days are behind me, I fear. That said... I LOVE the smell of baking cookies. Almost as much as cigars. ;-)

    Lou: Why am I not surprised? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice post...makes me want to light up, but I don't want to have to go outside. Can I come over?

    ReplyDelete
  6. C'mon down. Coffee now, beer later. Or single-malt... your choice, Mushy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BB, come on over! Fine with me when people stop by, bec. then I won't eat all the cookies myself!

    And it's an open invite, as always, but the cigars stay on the patio. But that's where the grill is, so while the cigar smokers are out there, how about some hamburgers?? And there'll be a cooler on the bench!

    Oh, wait, it's not summer quite yet, is it??
    Ok, well, all y'all are invited anyway!! What the heck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love days indoors like that if Im honest. They're cosy. Hope you enjoyed

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.