Friday, August 28, 2009

Earlier This Evening (or: Cheesy Videos XII)



After dinner whiskey hour at El Casa Móvil De Pennington, under pink/deepening blue New Mexico skies shortly after sunset.  This time of day is magical, in that there is a diffused pink glow in the sky about a half hour after sunset that is reminiscent of a salmon's belly... among other things.  And by that I mean there's pink... and then there's PINK.


It takes quite a while for this celestial pink to fade to deepening shades of blue, and even longer for those shades of blue to fade to black.  The greatest thing about the changing evening sky in these parts is watching the first and brightest of the stars emerge... and if you stay out long enough you'll be rewarded by seeing more stars than you ever thought possible.


It's lovely.

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmm Buck. Don't know which I love more out here .... the incredicle sunsets night after night .... or those billions of stars later on after dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had to choose I'd go with the sunsets... coz they're still pretty good on cloudy evenings but the stars ain't. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my favourite time of the day too. Lovely video, lovely skies. Almost feel right there with you! Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Alison!! You made my day. Again. :D

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.