Thursday, May 21, 2009

Wow


We got a real barn-burner goin' in Pittsburgh... only 13 minutes gone in the first period and it's 3-2, Carolina. Five goals in 13 minutes... the sort of hockey I LIKE.

I don't have a dog in this fight but I'm leaning towards those Cardiac Canes... they're
exciting to watch.

Update, 2025 hrs: A WILD one... Pens win, 7-3 and go up 2-0 in the series. Malkin gets a hat trick and his third of the night was a beauty that I'll post as soon as it's available on YouTube... and it most certainly WILL be.

The final score makes it seem worse than it actually was. The last Pittsburgh goal was an empty-netter, and Malkin's three goals most definitely added to the lopsidedness. I wouldn't be too confident if I were a Pens fan, though. I'm thinking the 'Canes have it well within their power to even the series in Raleigh. I'm sure Blackhawks fans are thinking the same thing, too... but that's different, yanno?

Update update, 2135 hrs: Here's Wyshynski tonight:

• All of that said: There's a better chance Carolina rallies in this series than Chicago rallies against the Red Wings. Just a hunch.
Heh. Great minds, and all that.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.