Monday, March 27, 2006

Another Week Begins...

Apple Computer will be 30 years old on April Fools Day. My, how time does fly! I’ve never been a Mac guy, but have used them…especially back in the day before Gates made the PC presentation-capable. There was a time when businesses had entire groups devoted to developing graphics and presentations on Macs while the “rest of us” used PCs in day-to-day business. And then Bill G. gave us PowerPoint and nothing was ever the same. It’s very arguable if PowerPoint represents “progress,” or not. I have very mixed emotions on that subject! Of course Apple is much more than graphics these days. I’m probably the only guy in America without an iPod, and will remain so.

Abdul Rahman, the Afghani Muslim who converted to Christianity and was threatened with a death sentence for apostasy, has had the charges against him dropped by the Afghani court that was prosecuting him. But all is not well.

Muslim clerics have threatened to incite Afghans to kill Rahman if he is freed, saying that he is clearly guilty of apostasy and deserves to die.

“Religion of peace?” You decide…

Scarlett Johanssen (“who?” he said) is supposedly the sexiest woman alive, according to FHM magazine. OK, she’s pretty, I’ll grant you that. But “sexy” is much more than looks alone. Attitude and intelligence go a helluva lot further than looks towards making a woman sexy, in my book. This woman wrote the book on sexy. And she’s not bad, either!

And finally… A follow-up to yesterday’s post about billionaires’ cars. Here’s a summary of an interview with IKEA founder Ingvar Kamprad, ranked the fourth richest man in the world. Mr. Kamprad turns 80 on March 30th.

4 comments:

  1. I don't have an ipod either. And I can't see myself having one anywhere in the near future. They are still too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really disappointed that those links did not go to my blog as the sexiest Lady. Hmm, I guess Sophia is fairly sexy, but if you find Condi sexy, there is hope for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well now, Lou, as far as attitude and intelligence go, you obviously make the grade! (and here comes the "but") You've been oh-so-modest about posting pics of yourself, though, and I must admit (I AM male, after all) that looks do factor into the equation.

    Besides that, it's not good form, not to mention a bit uh ...unsafe?... to talk about other men's wives in that manner!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In a conversation with my husband the other day I said, "...yeah, but you didn't marry someone with long legs and a dazed look in her eyes (reference to prior girlfriends)." He said, "It's a good thing, cause, I wouldn't have had such smart-ass kids." I took that as a compliment.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.